This site hosts information about fungal bioinformatics, genomics and molecular biology research by Michael Thon and Serenella Sukno. We work in the Genetics group at CIALE (Centro Hispano-Luso de Investigaciones Agrarias), University of Salamanca.
- Goodby Mariote We would like to say goodbye to Mariote dos Santos Brito Netto a visiting student from from Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco, in Brazil. He spent a year in our lab working on a comparative genomics project as well as a project to visualize early infection events in several Colletotrichum graminicola strains.
- Colletotrichum Workshop 2016 in Paris Professor Michael Thon, past visiting professor Dov Prusky, and past postdoc Riccardo Baroncelli presenting their work at the Colletotrichum workshop at the European conference on fungal genetics in Paris. http://www.ecfg13.org/events.php?IDManif=896&IDModule=71&IDRub=1865
- Michael Thon visits CIFR at North Carolina State University Dr. Michael Thon, professor of Microbiology and Genetics and member of CIALE gives a class to the Ph.D. students in the plant pathology department of North Carolina State University. Prof. Thon also recently presented a seminar during his visit to NC State and the Center for Integrated Fungal Genomics (CIFR). He was at CIFR for ...
- C. acutatum genome sequences are now in GenBank We are happy to announce the public release of genome sequences of four members of the Colletotrichum acutatum species complex. These sequences were developed as part of a collaboration with Riccardo Baroncelli. We also have a project with the DOE Joint Genome Institute community sequencing program to sequence an additional 4 reference genomes, to resequence ...
- Goodbye Almir We would like to say goodbye to Almir José Ferreira, a visiting student from the Laboratório de Biologia Molecular e Ecologia Microbiana in Universidade de São Paolo in Brazil. He spent six months in our group learning about comparative genomics.